Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Weight Management Clinic Appointment Today

Late this afternoon. My appointment with the Weight Management Clinic. I am nervous. I will be meeting with a new doctor, which is always a challenge. I try to insure a doctor who has just read my medical file that I am stable, fine, not crazy, not depressed and just want to get on the liquid diet. Often they are stunned when they walk into the room as I do not look like what they expected. I am smiling, clean and well dressed. I worry she will feel that I am not physically stable enough to go on the diet because of the recent bouts of pneumonia. I worry she will want to do the regular diet for a while but I don't have the time because of our trip in May. I wish I had been able to get an appointment in early January!

So today, while I wait to leave for the hour plus drive to the appointment, I am going to rest, shower, do a load of laundry, fill the gas tank in Michael car, have lunch and try to relax. It is going to be a long day as the orchestra dress rehearsal is tonight. A dress rehearsal is when we run through the entire concert in program order. It is meant to hear the music in the concert hall instead of the rehearsal space. It also is to hear the difference being surrounded by different instruments. For example, we rehearse near the tuba, who often plays our same notes. In concert, he is far away from us.

The other news is there is rain expected this evening, hopefully after I get home from the rehearsal. There is nothing like hauling a huge instrument and being soaked as I don't have a third hand to hold an umbrella! I knew I should have chosen the flute instead of my massive string bass!

May this storm be followed by many more. We so need it!

No comments: