Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ready to Begin


 I am carefully eating my way to the weight management clinic appointment tomorrow. Knowing that I will not be eating any real food for at least a month, it is a challenge not to eat a lot of unhealthy food before the protein diet begins. It is foolish to add additional weight that will take time to get off. I fought the urge last time and am now fighting it again.

For the appointment tomorrow, I am bringing along all the menus of the week and recipes I used so the new doctor will see that I am following the food plan. The weight gain of eight pounds in three years? I blame mom! HA! Before her move two years ago, I never ate lunches out. Together, we enjoyed lunches in real restaurants, so I gained weight. Now, I am VERY careful what I order and have been able to keep my weight fairly stable. 

To support the month of the liquid diet, I want to fit in extra exercise. If I am suffering through a liquid diet for a month, I want to get the most out of it. So, I have a patch in the garden that needs weeding. A lot of weeding. Hours of weeding. I am saving it for the weekend after I start the diet. I really want to plan extra exercise like a short walk along the ocean in the afternoons. Just a bit of extra movement. Not crazy but just extra. All of this will be added to my four days a week, one-hour workout routine in hospital gyms as a part of my pulmonary rehab program, 90+ minutes of Power Yoga on Wednesdays and major gardening for hours on Saturdays. The expectation is to lose ten pounds in the month but I'll bet I will lose more because of my exercise routine.

I want to get going. I want to get the doctor's approval so I can begin on Saturday. Let the fun begin!

No comments: