Friday, January 31, 2014

Back to the City

I made it through yesterday on five hours of sleep and stumbled into bed early last night. My eye appointment to check the high pressure in my eyes due to prolonged prednisone use went well. I arrived early, the doctor saw me early and I was finished before my appointment time. Lovely. Rehab class was fine. I was dripping with sweat afterwards.

But the focus of my world is today's appointment with Mr. B, the nutritionist. Mom is coming along for the ride. From her home, it is a nasty freeway ride into the city. It is always stressful trying to get to the hospital and find street parking. I get nervous. But the good news is that Mr. B. is always on time. Once I meet with him, we will hop back into the car, make our way through the city to my university hospital campus, valet park the car, cross the street, take an elevator up a flight and pick up my liquid/protein diet food for the month. YEAH!

We will drive a special way home past all the beautiful mansions. Mom has not been in that area of the city in many years. I am sure we will talk non-stop throughout the day.

Busy weekend ahead: the new diet begins, orchestra concert, maybe seeing Natalie and Winnie at the concert, Superbowl.

Happy Friday!

No comments: