Monday, August 31, 2015

Recipes for the Week

After four hours working in the yards, I had just removed my oxygen and shoes in the garage, threw my wet hat onto the dryer, slowly made my way to the chair and just flopped when I saw Michael, who had just arrived and was walking along the side of the house. He always arrives just when I finish. I don't know how he does it. He took one look at me and said, "You need a shower and, by the way, I didn't eat lunch. I dropped it." Great. Low blood sugar. Driving home. Not a good combination.

After about twenty-minutes of recovering in my chair, I kicked in: baked a tray of peppered bacon for Michael breakfast (along with yogurt or cottage cheese), boiled noodles for Butter Noodles (his favorite food on earth), browned a pound of hamburger and in another twenty-minutes, we were eating tortillas stuffed with seasoned hamburger with cheese, tomatoes and avocado. He loved the noodles, too. Such a good, simple, filling, quick dinner.

Then I took a shower. It felt marvelous. Nine hours later, I swear I never moved last night. It is mom all day today. Nothing on our schedule except the other rehab this morning, a run by the butcher and Trader Joe's later in the afternoon. A nice day.

Here are my recipes for the week. Food for those of us on prednisone. We just don't process food properly. Protein and non-starchy veggies.

Breakfast/Lunch:
Shallots and Pancetta Deviled Eggs - HERE
Shrimp Salad - HERE
Sun-dried Tomato Dip- I use low-fat or non-fat everything - HERE
Whopper in a Bowl - HERE

Dinner:
Five-Spice Pork and Asian Slaw - HERE
Almond-&-Lemon Crusted Fish with Spinach - HERE
Chicken Texas Style - I use twp breasts for a total of 1-lb and low-fat cheese - HERE

No comments: