Friday, August 7, 2015

Gone

Michael is leaving me. He is packing. I am helping!

He is so excited to join others for the drive up to Reno for Hot August Nights, which features fancy cars, especially those from the 50s and 60s. Friends who are already there had texted all day yesterday. Photo of cars! Photos from the famous car auction! Photos of them having cocktails! Oh yes, he just can't wait to get up there.

I don't expect to hear from him while he is there.

There was rare dry lightening storm last night and I slept right through it. No rain. Just the fireworks. Michael watched it for a bit and said it was impressive. We just don't have many thunderstorms in this part of the country.

I slept through it because I was exhausted. Non-stop doctors all day did me in.

Today, I will be kissing Michael goodbye as we both drive off on our different routes. I am running over the pass to collect mom to bring her back for our toenail appointment followed by our traditional lunch of fish tacos. We will also stop by the butcher's Trader Joes and Safeway. Then, I will come home to an empty house. That is when it will hit me that he is really not coming home tonight. Or tomorrow night. It is times like this that I am grateful we have an alarm system as it will allow me to sleep while he is gone.

Off he goes!

No comments: