Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Waiting for William

Mom's birthday was lovely. Michael met us for lunch. The food was fantastic but the conversation was even better. Having Michael with us really made it a treat. I can't believe she is 87-years old. She looked beautiful and happy and young.

It was very warm and I had a hard time breathing. I could feel my entire chest open up the closer I drove home towards the ocean and the incoming fog. Yes, fog. Glorious, cool, fog. It spread through the region last night so the temps should be a lot lower today. Living in a hot, humid climate must be so difficult for those of us with an ILD.

My work is done. The Hummingbird Cake, with its pineapple and mashed bananas in the batter, is delicious. Yes, we both took a small taste last night. The Sun-Dried Tomato Deviled Eggs are ready for future breakfasts and I made the barbacoa. After four house, the cubes of beef shredded beautifully and will be delicious inside tacos tonight. All this for William, who will be flying in around 6:30PM.

The final bit of preparation is to clean the stove top (it was too hot when I went to bed last night from the barbacoa) and a quick vacuum of the family room rug.

I am heading to the rehab class to see Dick and Sherman this morning after running some errands. Then, our son comes home.

No comments: