Sunday, August 9, 2015

Recipes for the Week

Everything on yesterday's list? Done. I fell into bed at 7:30 but woke up several times during the night. It just felt not normal. I love and am used to the almost snoring guy next to me for over 41 years. He was gone. While I await his return today, I am going into town to buy some Peet's coffee grounds then I think I am going on a long walk downtown. Something different.

Food is in the house for the week. Laundry is done. I love to start Mondays with everything in place. I have an absolutely wild week ahead and William is flying in for a week the following week. Lots to prepare. I am so looking forward to spending an entire week with him.

Simple foods this week. Below are the recipes and I often add a vegetable for us and some rice or noodles for Michael. These recipes are for those of us on prednisone. We just don't process sugars properly. Sugars in milk and yogurt and grains and carbs. My diet is 3-4 ounces of protein and non-starchy veggies.

Breakfast/Lunch:
Shrimp Deviled Eggs - HERE
Sun-Dried Tomato Dip - I use low or non-fat cream cheese, mayo and sour cream.  HERE
Arugula, Caramelized Onions, Goat Cheese Pizza - I use La Tortilla low carb tortillas. HERE

Dinner:
Bacon Wrapped Boursin Stuffed Burgers- I used the left over Boursin on the pizza above. HERE
Sassy Bacon Hugged Chicken - HERE
Mini Steak Tacos - La Tortilla low carb tortillas. HERE
Shrimp Marinara - I serve it over fake pasta. HERE

Enjoy!

No comments: