Friday, February 26, 2016

Easy Day

My numbers were good in the rehab class. Saturation levels were in line and I did not cough very much. Sherman looked great and Richard returned after being absent for five weeks. He is a pilot who is having so eye issues and wanted to take one final trip in his plane. It was rather shocking yesterday when he told us his plane could seat 22 people! That's some plane! He flew to Florida and back with his non-pilot son. It was so good to see him. We thought he was having health issues not out having a good time!

I had a long chat with a 68-year old who received new lungs just months ago. He was only in the hospital for eleven days and has had no setbacks. He told me that they are now doing double lungs to everyone, not just people under 60-years old. That was hardening for me to hear. Double lungs have a much better long-term outcome. He told me he set some goals for himself. Days after the surgery, he would push himself to walk a bit further everyday. He is counting the days before he is allowed to travel. His story is very heartening to me. It gives me hope.

It was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and highs in the 70s. The drive home, with the windows down and music on the radio, was just beautiful. I suddenly lost 30 years!

Then, the phone calls began. Christien phoned from So. Carolina and we had a nice chat. While on the phone, Michael's sister Anna phoned via cell phone. They talked a bit and I returned her call. Then, his mom phoned later in the evening. Somehow, I carved out the time to pull together a fantastic dinner of lamb kabobs from the La Tortilla web site HERE.

It is going to be a high of 68 today while I am spending the day with mom. Nothing is planned. Nothing is on the calendar. I may even haul out my white jeans a few weeks early even though a bit of rain is expected sometime today. A very little rain!

No comments: