Monday, February 1, 2016

New Doctor Today

We had a cleaning Sunday. The oven exhaust hood was taken apart and totally cleaned, Michael installed a piece to cover the little opening between the oven and the wall, I scrubbed down the grates and everything now sparkles! Michael also took care of the laundry while I ironed the sheets. We began compiling stuff for the trip and thinking about what clothing to pack.

The road trip to Seattle begins one week from this morning.

While cooking dinner last night, the power went off twice when the winds kicked up. There were 50 MPH gusts, which brought down trees and blew sand across the main highway. Lots of sirens all afternoon. We had no damage and all the trees and fences are still standing!

Mom and I will be together for only a short period for lunch after my first appointment with the ENT regarding the fluid behind my ear. I know I have mentioned it before but I want to pass along that my dad noticed that he was treated so differently by doctors if he was dressed in a suit compared to shorts and a golf shirt. The suit offered gravitas. He was taken seriously.

I always dress for doctors. Nothing fancy but what we used to call Sunday clothes. Church clothes. And, I make sure I am very clean as I noticed that was not always the case as I sat in waiting rooms with other patients. I am sure the doctors appreciate that the most.

Yesterday, I made sure to print the updated list of medications, surgeries and illness and family history documents.

I am ready.

No comments: