Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lull

I am looking at frost on the roof behind us. It is one very cold morning, the heat came on through the night which is very unusual for us. What happened? It was in the 70s last weekend!

After not sleeping well for a few nights, I finally feel like I am rested. Almost a relief. The plans for today include the yoga hell class, meeting Natalie and the kids for lunch and orchestra rehearsal this evening. Hopefully, I will sleep well again tonight.

I feel like right now is a lull before a storm. A quiet time before all heck breaks loose. I don't know what is coming but I can feel lots of changes in the air. I always get nervous when I feel this as it means a lot of adjustments and different ways of thinking and new lessons to learn. Tough times ahead. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks.

With the cold weather has come coughing. I learned that when I reduced my prednisone to 12.5 mgs, I coughed constantly. When I went back up to 15 mgs, the coughing stopped. Right now, I am finding myself coughing a lot. Hard, deep coughing. It will be interesting to see what my pulmonary function tests numbers are next week. I have a feeling they are going to be down from my lows of last time.

No comments: