Saturday, February 9, 2013

Yesterday, Today, March

Mom's dressing on her foot was changed yesterday and the surgery site looked fantastic. The doctor was distressed to hear of our time in the emergency department and was happy that she didn't break anything. He wanted her to have some balance therapy to begin this coming week, so we went by the hospital where I go to my rehab class to set it up. Her first appointment is Monday.

We went to Nordstroms afterwards for a lovely lunch of soup and sandwich for mom and a Sante Fe sandwich without the bread for me. Perfect portion size. Mom also needed a refill of the pain pills at Walgreen's so that was another stop before getting her settled at home. Thankfully, one of her Bridge buddies is going to drive her to her hair appointment this morning so I don't have to drive over the pass. Instead, I am going to the one-hour beginning yoga class up the coast.

Michael and I are planning a two day trip into the Napa Valley in early March. A getaway. We never have really explored the valley as it was so touristy. The locals always went to the Sonoma Valley. Then, the French Laundry arrived, the quality of the restaurants soared and it has become an interesting place for foodies as well as wine people. We have been collecting food recommendations from friends and are doing some research on our own.

I have been coughing. I feel fine but I am a bit tired and have no fever. This cough comes during exertion. I will ask the RN to listen to my lungs in the rehab class on Tuesday. If she hear pneumonia sounds, I will contact Dr. K. immediately.

Tonight, Natalie and I will be attending a gala/fundraiser for the private children's choir where she teaches the youngest children. I am looking forward to talking music and being an adult!

No comments: