Monday, February 18, 2013

Memorial Service Plans


 Michael and I spent time enjoying the back garden yesterday even though it was not too warm but at least we had sunshine. Michael spoke with his sister Anna and the plan is that we will be driving down to her home on the Thursday before the Friday funeral for Matt then leaving early Saturday morning. I think it is so kind of her to invite us to stay at her home, especially since she is expecting family back to her home after the services. Planning a funeral, serving food afterward and us as company. That is a lot to deal with. I need to remember to order a concentrator from my oxygen carrier to be delivered to Anna’s hours for those two nights.

William and Kimberly had planned to be with us around that time so we are trying to arrange their visit just after we get home or even before we leave. They would love to stay at the house a few extra days with its access to the city while we are gone. Michael is going to connect with him today. 

This morning, mom and I are driving the two hours to visit my dad at their crypt and install new flowers to celebrate the coming spring. Afterwards, we will drive another half hour to my mom’s former town to celebrate the 92nd birthday of her friend Peg. She was the wonderful woman who helped my mom live again after my dad’s sudden death as she had lost her husband about a year earlier. They cried and grieved together. They are dear friends and both are so looking forward to spending some time together today.

It will be a long day but I am grateful that I can do this for my mom.

No comments: