Monday, February 4, 2013

Keep the Hits Coming!

It was a game that was hard to watch for 49er fans. The replays are painful and will be avoided today. Despite it all, we had a lovely evening with Jim and Kathy. The food was excellent but simple: roasted beef ribs, a variety of roasted veggies, salad and snacks of olives and nuts. Perfect.

I am tired, really tired but up early this morning to drive my mom for her muscular degeneration shot in her eye followed by her toe amputation surgery. The drama will be with the traffic and hopes that there are no accidents to slow us down.

Early yesterday morning, I fell back asleep and dreamt about my lung doctor, Dr. K. dropping in for a visit. How did she invade my dreams? I remember that having her in my house made me very nervous though she was trying to be a nice house guest. Just weird!

Last Thursday in the rehab class, a rather new gentleman quoted me back to me. First time that has happened. I asked him if he felt rehab had helped to increased his stamina. He relied that it had but he said that just moving seemed to be the most important thing to do. "As you say, death is going to have to chase me as I am not going to slow down to wait for it." I was speechless (a rare event). It made my day.

A huge thank you to you, dear reader, for following my blog as last month finished with the highest number of hits ever. I hope it helps give encouragement and medical information and personal insight about living with a bad diagnosis hanging over our heads. Life is still good and still can be lived to its fullest, despite it all. It is our choice on how we want to handle the bad news, deal with our families and run our lives. Roll the disease into our lives but don't let it run it. Stay upright. Stay positive. And smile.

No comments: