Monday, February 25, 2013

Dinner and a Movie

For the first time in years, we watched the Academy Awards last night. I loved all the music. I loved the gowns. And the hair. Sadly, we had not seen any of the movies! I really must visit that machine at the grocery store. Argo will be my first choice. I remember when it all happened.

I always like to have the yards and house looking exceptional when someone will be swinging by for the first time. This evening, George and his wife are meeting us here before a dinner as a thank you to Michael. We are going to the place right on the water, which flies in their lobster from Maine everyday and serves a 1.5 pound of it on their lobster rolls. So yesterday morning, I washed the windows, dusted and vacuumed the house and even washed and ironed our sheets. We sat out in the garden for an hour in the afternoon then settled in to watch the Red Carpet and Awards.

While we were outside, I told Michael that I am really anxious about the memorial service and being in the same room with his brother and wife. I REALLY don't want to say anything that I will regret. I will avoid them and just nod a hello. I hope. My focus will be to help Anna with the food and to talk with her children and spouses, each of whom I adore. There will be other relatives present who I haven't seen in decades so it should be fun to catch up with them, too. We talked about what we are going to wear for the service and what we will wear during the trip itself. Michael said to focus on the road trip and how much fun that is going to be.

I am going to the other rehab for a quick workout then to mom's. She has her final rehab for balance issues, which will be followed by lunch.

No comments: