Friday, February 1, 2013

Dress Rehearsal Friday

If it is possible, I am sorer this morning from Wednesday's yoga class than I was yesterday. Throw in Thursday's rehab class and I am feeling many things I have not felt in years! Ouch!

My friend Barbara commented yesterday to be careful with yoga as it may adversely affect my prednisone caused glaucoma. It would be very sad to have to give it up at this point. I see my super cool jazz pianist glaucoma doctor in two weeks so we will have a discussion about yoga instead of music! Thanks for the heads up, Barbara.

This morning, I am working out at the other rehab then taking mom food shopping in preparation for her housebound week post foot surgery. The surgeon wants her foot up as much as possible. That means very little cooking, no cleaning and lots of movies and books all next week. We are hauling in food that is easy and quick to prepare and both Michael and I will be dropping in on her all week. The goal is to keep the foot up so no blood clot forms, which would make the recovery difficult.

Dress rehearsal tonight for Saturday's concert. That does not mean that everyone dresses up, it means that the order of the program is run from start to finish with some tweaking. It usually is a long evening.

I did want to mention today that I am realizing that my breathing has improved. My oxygen needs in rehab have remained the same at 1 liter but off of supplemental oxygen in my daily life, I notice that it is definitely better. Yoga? Just a coincidence? Either way, I am grateful. Oh my, that is a yoga term. It has invaded my life!

No comments: