Sunday, July 13, 2014

Grateful for the Day

Within minutes, I will be making a special breakfast for us - an egg tart with veggies and goat cheese. After breakfast, we are going over the pass: me to workout at the other rehab, Michael to do a bit on a project. We are planning to connect with British Don, who just got back from Taiwan followed by an early dinner at a nice restaurant this evening. A day together. It has been a busy and exhausting week with just not enough sleep. Finally, as of this morning, I feel like I am fully awake and functioning.

I realized while working in the yards yesterday that I have been breathing really well. And feeling well. Next week, I am seeing the liver doctor and the following week, I have appointments with the lung doctor, endocrinologist and nutritionist. It takes a lot of doctors to keep this ship afloat.

Grateful. I am so grateful to still be able to go and do whatever I wish. There was a time when that was not possible. I used to dream about being able to take a walk. I was envious of a woman walking along the highway and so wishing that one day, I could be taking a walk. There was only so much I could do in a day.

As we run around today, that will be in the back of my mind. I will look around, breathe deeper and say a small prayer of thanks. I so appreciate every moment that I am functioning as I know that could change at any moment.

No comments: