Thursday, July 17, 2014

Liver Appointment

All went well yesterday except I think the new yoga class instructor was trying to kill us. Really. I was dripping in sweat. My hair was soaked. I crawled out of there, got our travel money from the bank then stayed home the rest of the day. The fun continued. It is supposed to be a bit wet this morning so I cut the grass and did the rest of the yard work yesterday afternoon. Yoga + Yard work = One sweaty, tired person. On the plus side, I slept all night.

We are still waiting for the electrician to swing by to look at installing new LED lights in our bathroom. He emailed that he was going to try to swing by yesterday afternoon...nope. Maybe today?!?

Off I go to the liver clinic appointment during rush hour this morning. Yikes. When I get back home, the housekeepers will have been here so the packing for the trip with begin. It will be a day of trying to remember what I am forgetting to pack!

Just itching to get on the road again. There is a very cool place right on Highway 5 called Harris Ranch. Fantastic food. Great place. And, it is half way to LA. It is our breakfast stop. Michael orders their huge "Ranch hand" breakfast then I eat some of the eggs and part of his ham steak. Since we are going to Corona, near Riverside, we are going to drive along the mountains through Pasadena then down through the Chino Hills to avoid the horrible Riverside Freeway. It is so pretty through the hills and really not a bad drive, especially during the time we will be in that area. Hopefully, we will arrive to Anna and Doug's between 1 and 2PM.

I will report back about the reaction of the liver doctor to the change in my decision about the liver biopsy. He will be pleased. We also will review my labs, which appeared to be improved. Again, this problem is caused by ten years of prednisone. At least I am still alive.

No comments: