Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sick? Who Me?

Sometimes I forget I am sick. It may be that I have adjusted for the disease and it has become part of the normal rhythm of my life. But last night, I reflected on the day and realized that all the rehab and all the walks and all the yoga along with the diet have paid off in ways I had not anticipated. I really can do what I need to do. Yes, I was tired and I probably did a bit too much, but I could do it. All of it.

I won't go through the litany of it all but it included gardening, laundry, ironing, food shopping followed up by five hours of cooking for today's party. I fell into bed feeling like I had accomplished a lot in one day. So very satisfying.

Today we are celebrating the birthdays of our neighbors, Rick and Natalie. There is still much to be done but I am going to grab my new shoes and hit the trail along the ocean this morning. Then, let the cooking begin (and finish!).

Happy Sunday.

No comments: