Monday, July 28, 2014

Mondays and Upcoming ILD Support Group

Mondays always feels good when all the chores are done: food in the refrigerator, gardens done, house cleaned, laundry ironed. A good way to start the week. Mom has a dentist appointment here on the coast this morning so we might swing by so I can walk her through the gardens. They look full of life and in bloom right now. After her appointment, we will enjoy some grilled fish tacos for lunch before heading back over the pass.

It is a rather quiet week ahead, thank goodness as I am still recovering from last week! This morning, I noticed I have a short, dry cough. Not a good sign. I so hope I am not getting sick from too many late nights and not enough sleep last week.

The ILD Support Group in August is going to feature a speaker from an oxygen company talking about the different machines and insurance. As I am the last standing charter member of the group, I have seen this presentation before. Twice. I do like to go to the meetings as I can meet and talk with the newly diagnoses people but I almost feel like it is a waste of time and a lot of energy. I give up a rehab class in order to attend the meetings but sometimes, I think it is more important to attend the rehab class. This may be one of those times.

What I do love is the annual ILD Support Group luncheon. It is a time to see all the former members of the group who have had their lung transplants and also have chats with the various doctors I haven't recently seen in person. That luncheon is scheduled for September. Something to look forward to.

Something not to look forward to is Michael leaving me Friday morning through Sunday evening. I love that he goes to hot, mountainous Reno, NV for their annual nod to the automobile, Hot August Nights. He is in car heaven. His favorite part of the whole weekend is during the parade of cars when he is given a VIP pass to where they serve all the ice cream he can eat! He is one happy guy. It is good for him to get away but I really miss him. We are so rarely apart.

No comments: