Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Joys of Chronic Diseases (Sarcasm)

It was one of those days that gives me such hope and spurs me onward. At the other rehab yesterday, I had to crank down my oxygen, felt like I could have worked out for hours and was just breathing so well. It will be interesting to see what my numbers are during the rehab class today. Suddenly, after having no energy last week, I am feeling so much better. That's the thing with a chronic disease, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the fluctuations. Enough to drive a girl nuts.

Because of the Imuran I take with the prednisone, about once a year I go through a time of losing massive amounts of hair. That is happening right now. A lot of hair. Hair on the floor of the shower, hair on my hands while blow drying and hair just everywhere. Dr. K. told me that if I live long enough, I will eventually not have any hair. Great. Something to look forward to (sarcasm). It usually continues for a couple of months before it stops. I take a pill called Hair, Skin and Nails every morning, which seems to help with the regrowth.

Now, my focus is on the weekend. Our neighbors Rick and Natalie had birthdays that we missed so we are having a celebration this Sunday evening. I put a menu of hearty appetizers together yesterday and will hit the grocery stores on Thursday. Our plans for the 4th? We live in a very small town. The local parade features local people, kids on decorated bikes and the fire department. It is very sweet. There will be a parade at noon, we will find lunch somewhere afterwards and probably run into a ton of people we haven't seen in a while. Saturday will be filled with yard work, cooking and baking a cake.

This morning, it is foggy again but that makes for some good walking weather along the ocean shore. After breakfast, I am going to take a long walk before heading over the pass to see my rehab boys and having another good workout at the rehab class.

No comments: