Thursday, July 31, 2014

Shave and a Hair Cut

After all of my whining about the "gentle yoga" class, it really was fun. I will go again next week but I didn't sweat or even need my oxygen. That was a bit disappointing. I flew home, changed clothes and drove back into town for my hair appointment when I noticed a sign on their door. A new offering. Facials.

I have had three facials in my life and hated each one of them. My skin always had a bad reaction. I hated the misting. I couldn't breathe! But, my hair salon was offering 30-minute facials. They even offered them while hair coloring was being processed. Bingo! I had one. It was fantastic, there was no misting and I had no adverse reactions. It was $30.00. That is very inexpensive for this area.

Somehow, I was busy at home all afternoon and felt like I got a lot accomplished. Michael had a hair cut appointment at the same salon after work. The owner had mentioned to me that she hired a barber and in fact, she was also a licensed barber. They were finishing remodeling an area with a real barber chair already installed. I told her to offer to shave Michael after his hair cut. A real shave with a straight edge razor. Well, he came home so happy. He said he had never had anything like that. It included hot steam towels and a facial massage using fantastic products. What a treat! The cost? Twenty dollars.

As he was leaving for work this morning, we rubbed our fabulously soft cheeks together. It is the small things in life that brings such joy.

No comments: