Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Weight Goal

The smell of cooking ham steak is a lovely way to begin the day! I wish you could smell it right now. This special breakfast was promised to Michael and he has been so looking forward to this treat. Yum.

I am on a tear to get under my lowest weight. It is my newest goal. To that end, I am watching every single bite of food, no nut snacks in the afternoon and lots of water. This morning, I will hit the trail along the ocean before working out at the pulmonary rehab class. And in even more exciting news, the plumber is coming here this afternoon so he can tweak the water pressure valve. It barks like a dog every time we turn the faucets on and off. Driving me crazy. I am still waiting for the electrician to drop by to replace the large bathroom light fixture. He promised to swing by last week...

Back to the weight: Since Michael is leaving me Friday through Sunday, I thought it was my chance to make food I have been craving and the opportunity to do some heavy chores. We have an amazing drainage system in our back yard but about every 8-10 years, the dirt in the collection area needs to be "fluffed." I've never done it before, just watched it happen last time. It requires moving small stones away from the dirt then turning the dirt, replacing the small stones then moving the larger stones next to that area, turn the area under them, etc. I will also add roughing up the dirt around the stepping stones near that area to help with the drainage as well. It will be a lot of work. I will sleep well that night instead of tossing and turning and missing him next to me.

No comments: