Monday, July 14, 2014

Losing My Mind!

I now have proof I am losing my mind. Mom and I always joke that we need an assistant to follow behind us to remind us of all the things we have forgotten. Yesterday, Michael and I had a plan. We drove over the pass. All was well but I had a nagging feeling that I had forgotten something. After dropping Michael off, I headed to the other rehab to workout and it was only when I was pulling into the driveway that I realized I had forgotten my oxygen. Nuts! I had to do a slower rate on the machines but I added time. It was irritating as I had been looking forward to a hard workout.

Since we were planning to have a nice lunch, I walked out to the car, grabbed my black shoes from the back seat to change into only to discover that I HAD BROUGHT TWO DIFFERENT BLACK SHOES! There was no way I could go to lunch wearing my running shoes sooooooo, I drove to DSW and found the cutest pair of flats on sale and with my discount, they were only $12.47. I will be wearing them during our road trip to LA this coming weekend!

Michael laughed when I told him all my trials and we enjoyed a fantastic lunch at the Dutch Bakery on the Avenue. I had fresh turkey slices on top of lettuce with house-pickled cucumbers, pickled beets, tomato slices, slivered carrots and a bit of fresh cranberries. Delicious. Michael had Eggs Benedict. We were not hungry for dinner so I had two Wasa Rye crackers with a bit of peanut butter and I made Michael a grilled cheese sandwich and tater tots covered with leftover chili. He was very happy. And full!

We are counting down the days before we leave and it will be a really busy week ahead. Today, mom has an appointment for the shot in her eye then we will go to lunch. It will be the last time I will see her until next Monday.

No comments: