Sunday, August 24, 2014

6.0 Earthquake

Well, that was fun! Michael got up to use the bathroom around 3:10AM, climbed back into bed then the entire house began to roll. EARTHQUAKE! The biggest one we have felt since 1989. We flew out of bed, ran to the hallway and waited it out. The light in the front entrance swayed for a couple of minutes afterwards.

I texted my sister in the Sacramento area, their pool lost a lot of water but no damage. We are about equal distance from the epicenter. All of our local friends were awake and on Facebook. Rather fun to hear from everyone at 3:20AM!

When the news station displayed the "intensity of shaking" map, we stood alone as the only area listed as "weak" surrounded by "moderate" shaking. The pass that I am always having to drive is over a nice little mountain, which protected us from heavier shaking. The bad news? The San Andreas Fault is just on the other side of that mountain. I drive over it almost everyday. If that one lets loose, we are going to be in a world of hurt.

Our love to the Napa Valley and specifically to historic downtown Napa. Such a sweet little area. I hope they recover soon.

In other news: We are waiting for the arrival of DirecTV tech to install the new 52" TV in the living room. Sounds easy? It has been crazy. Friday night, we spent spending a couple of hours putting together the TV table from IKEA (swearing under our breath the entire time), hauled it into the living room, moved another table, grunted while moving the 52" Plasma TV onto the table then having a chat with three of the neighbors. It just happened. It was fun.

Saturday, I did the yards, took a long nap then removed a large love seat from William's room, moved a table into his room, moved the 1920s bar into its new position, changed out another table in the front entrance and just tried to redecorate.

Did I mention that I was not supposed to lift anything over 10 pounds until Monday?

After Mr. DirecTV leaves, I am going to take a gentle walk along the ocean. I can feel the muscle in my thighs getting soft!! Workouts will begin again on Tuesday.

No comments: