Saturday, August 30, 2014

Half Way Done

Four of the closet floors are installed and the trim will be nailed in this morning. The arbor has lost two of its five supports and large brackets have been added for support. The painter has been called and will arrive to give us an estimate Monday at 9AM. Maybe, just maybe all will my jobs will be completed sometime next week.

After they worked at our house all day, Wayne and his son Ian invited us to their house after dinner to celebrate a friend who is buying his first house. We didn't get home until 9:30! Sleep. I need sleep!!!

The yards will have to wait until the arbor and closets are finished this afternoon or I may even have to wait until tomorrow. The stuff from the five closets needs to go back into the closets. That will take some time as I want to toss a lot of stuff - and donate. I found my fantastic 1980s gray suit - long jacket, padded shoulders - which was a bit tight on me when I was twenty pounds lighter than I am today. It soooo didn't fit and looked hilarious. Time to let it go. We also found William's velvet paisley sports coat that he wore to a prom. Ian tried it on, thought it was cool but it was too large for him.

Wayne's younger son Evan dropped by and promptly locked his keys in his car so we hung out for a bit. We made homemade lemonade, Jill arrived with his extra key, chatted for a bit before dealing with four phone calls. Dinner. Then I cooked dinner. Michael crawled home later than usual, was able to watch the Giants for a few inning before we went to the get together.

The boys are arriving at 9AM, I have to make a quick run to the bank then I think I am going to ask Ian to help me get the bigger pieces back into the closets. Things like my filing cabinet, Michael's stack of metal baskets and a small bookcase. Young muscles and a good back!

No comments: