Monday, August 11, 2014

Long, Painful Weekend

William was in town for the weekend but we didn't see him. He was crazy busy with the Outlands Festival then he did two other shows in clubs. We will just have to wait to see him in person in September.

It has been a long night. On Friday, Michael noticed that his mouth hurt him. It began to bother him when he had cold liquids but grew more painful as the day wore on. Now, he cannot drink any liquids without a lot of pain. Saturday was rough. He came home, took pain pills and iced his lower jaw, which did offer a bit of relief. Finally Sunday evening, he allowed me to call the dentist. His jaw had swollen and he was in a lot of pain. He started antibiotics before dinner, did not sleep much last night and we will head into town to see the dentist first thing this morning. I think there is a problem with a tooth that has an old filling. The bet is that it has decayed and is now infected. I feel a new crown coming.

It was a wet, foggy day yesterday so I didn't do much. I got the new Comcast cable modem hooked up and only had to call them twice! Then it caused my wi-fi to not work again. Hello, Apple! I had fun with the tech, gave him coastside restaurant tips and made him laugh. He said I was the funnest person he had ever met over the phone! That all took a few hours...

Clarisonic Mia 1
After my first facial two weeks ago, I bought a Clarisonic. What a difference it has made to my dry, old skin! It gently pats the skin, the brush does not twirl. My face feels and looks so fresh and much younger! I am now addicted. I also booked another facial next week.

Tomorrow, mom and I are so looking forward to spending the day with Barbara's day care kids and our visit to a university-run working ranch here on the coast. Chickens, goats, horses, sheep! It is such fun!

Busy week ahead and in just a week, I will have the dreaded liver biopsy. Still nervous!

No comments: