Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Gap

We were at the dentist at 9AM yesterday, thought Michael would need a new crown but alas, the tooth was cracked and too infected. It was pulled. He said, with his tongue planted firmly in his cheek, "I am no longer perfect!" We both giggled, which made his jaw hurt!

After we got home and settled, I took a walk along the ocean and picked up some clam chowder at the harbor for his lunch. A rare treat. We both slept a bit in the afternoon and I feel pretty good going into the next couple of days.

Today, a visit to a working ranch with Barbara's day care kids. Mom's most favorite kid is back so I know she will enjoy the day. Tomorrow we will meet for an early run to her university hospital to have her pacemaker study and a visit with the doctor. Afterwards, I will head to my university hospital in the city to visit my nutritionist at 4PM! A very long day followed by rush hour traffic trying to get home.

These are the days that I worry about doing too much and wearing myself out. That will set off possible illness. We were supposed to go to the city tonight for dinner with British Don but Michael will cancel that today. He is not ready to eat anything other than soup and soft foods. Plus, he just doesn't feel like going out.

Just a mention about the passing of Robin Williams. Two of his children attended the school where I got sick. He was a nice man. He adored his children. Apparently, there was depression and money woes, which was not a good combination. I so hope he is at peace.

No comments: