Thursday, August 21, 2014

One Surprise After Another

A tiny, little hole is all that's left from the biopsy. I can't believe they got all the instruments down that bitty thing. I am feeling fine but I realized that I am not up to snuff yet. Yesterday flew by and today is going to be a full day.

I had the most delicious facial yesterday morning. It took away all the stress and worry. Lovely. I went the entire day without any makeup as I was going nowhere afterwards. Just home. But, around 5:00, the doorbell rang. I looked out. Hmmmm. An older guy. I opened the door.

"I had a meeting at the harbor and I just had to drop by."

It was Ted. We met in 8th grade. He is the best String Bass player I have met. Classical, jazz, doesn't matter. The best. Years ago, he lived across the street from the church where Michael and I met and were playing the Sunday night Mass, long before William was born. He asked if he could play with us as a break from his studies in law school. We played lots of weddings together.

After law school, he went to work for my playgroup friend Lindsey's husband for a few years. Then he quit. He began his love affair and life-long work with NOA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. It was a perfect fit. He traveled the world. He met his beautiful wife in the embassy in Morocco. We met them in LA just after their son was born. He just turned 18-years old. Oh my. Where has the time gone?

I got Michael on the speaker phone and the three of us had a great conversation. We exchanged emails and cell phone numbers and a promise of a proper visit. He only had about 15-minutes.

All this and me, with no makeup!

My brain was so full of joy and racing while making dinner. Michael came home and we talked about Ted until 6:30 when the phone rang. It was Jill and Wayne. They were just driving by and asked if it was okay to drop in.

I asked if they had eaten dinner yet then served them the second portion of our dinner. It was with pure joy that I watched them gobble it up. Chicken with lots of herbs topped with an onion slice and a fresh tomato slice then fresh bacon cooked over the top. With a side of the organic store bought mac n cheese and fresh cole slaw, they finished every bit. We sat and chatted until 8:30! What a fun evening! What a fantastic day!

But wait (as the commercials say), there's more! Today is going to be almost as good! The electrician is coming at 8:30 to finally replace the lighting unit in the Master Bath. I have been waiting for weeks! Then, I will run into town to pick out the wood to be installed in the closets. Wayne will be doing the work next week! Also next week, he will be removing some posts from the arbor along the side yard then we will call his house painter to paint the entire arbor and parts of the house. So, the last thing on my list is to have the plumber come back with the repair kit to fix the unit he installed months ago.

So the only thing missing is the results of the biopsy. I hope to hear from the liver doctor today. Fingers are crossed that it is only good news.

No comments: