Thursday, August 28, 2014

Recipes for the Week

Linny's Whopper in a Bowl
I think I need a handler! It happened again last night. I woke up and could not get back to sleep. Tossing and turning, I finally got up, used the bathroom and was heading back to bed when I realized I was not wearing my oxygen. It was there. On the floor. I had crawled into bed last night without actually putting it on. Once it was in place, I easily drifted off to sleep. Duh.

This happening when I was already exhausted from not sleeping well the night before and spending a long day of driving. Mom's luncheon and our visit to my dad's grave was so very nice but I didn't get home until 5PM.

I am tired this morning. Really, really tired. Worried-about-getting-sick tired. The housekeepers are due early this morning so I have to leave, pick up a lamp, buy some fresh Peet's coffee grounds for our mornings before the pulmonary rehab class. I have a feeling I will be napping before Michael gets home this evening. We are going out for a quick dinner tonight. Thankfully.

Tomorrow will be grocery shopping for next week. Recipes are below. Remember, these are recipes for those of us on long-term prednisone therapy. They feature non-starchy vegetables and protein since we do not process sugar very well. Sugar is in milk and yogurt and fruit and eggplant and corn....you get the point. Here are the recipes:

Breakfast and/or Lunch:
Smoked Salmon on a Wasa Rye cracker with low fat cream cheese and red onion

Small cocktail hot dogs served with cabbage

Linny's Whopper in a Bowl - here

Dinner:
Roasted chicken with artichokes

Parmesan Baked Fish - It will be served with a vegetable. here

Popeye's Special - here

No comments: