Friday, August 8, 2014

Write a Book?

During the past two weeks, I have been told by four different people that I should write a book. My first reaction? It is nearly an impossible task. Everyone wants to publish a book. I don't even know how to begin the process.

What would be the message in the book? After a bad diagnosis, be proactive, get educated, be kind to the medical staff and doctors but ask questions, adjust life to the disease but not let it become your life, exercise and eat well. Live this final stage of life with humor and grace. There. Now you don't have to read it!! HA!

After telling Michael about the conversation with the lady who had been turned down for lung transplants last week, he asked what I am going to do to take my message to the next step. For the first time, I actually said the words out loud - a book. It was also the first time I had a thought that it would be interesting to involve him in a book project so he can speak for the caregivers, who really have more stress loving and living with someone with a fatal diagnosis because there is nothing they can do. A very helpless feeling as their life is also turned upside down.

If I do this book, I will have to reveal myself. Come out from behind the anonymous blog, so to speak. Photos will be involved. What I have loved about writing this blog is that I can be totally honest about my feelings and not worry about other's reactions. Others being family, friends and doctors! I will have to go back to delete certain blogs that would not be received well. That makes me sad.

So, your reaction, Dear Reader?

No comments: