Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Day Between

Today is the day between crazy busy days. It is the recovery day after yesterday and rest before the speech at the American Thoracic Society's convention tomorrow.

Kimberly and William flew out yesterday afternoon after lunch at a really cute sandwich place near Michael's shop. He announced that the entire family was with him then introduced us to the owners. The really nice couple were lovely but I tried not to giggle when she said, "We have a celebrity in the house!" when he introduced William to them. Michael mentioned that the couple was from Portland and their daughter lived and worked there. William took that opportunity to change the subject to Portland and their daughter by asking lots of questions. Smart cookie.

Michael and I had leftovers for dinner last night and fell into bed. I feel so much better this morning. Another night of good sleep should get me ready for the big day tomorrow.

Today, I will be reviewing the speech all day and remembering to practice at a slower pace as I know I will speed it up a bit when nervous. The house is a bit of a mess so I will pull the guest bedroom together and wash all the towels in the extra bathroom. Bills need to be paid. But the big news is that the sun is shining today after a day of such heavy fog that it was raining yesterday. While working on my speech, I will also be working on tanning my legs. The outfit tomorrow includes a black pencil skirt. And spiky sandals!

No comments: