Thursday, May 3, 2012

May and June

Last night's dress rehearsal for Saturday's orchestra concert went really well. Not perfect. Not even close but, fine. Hopefully, it will be even better in front of a live audience. Amazing how a little fear with make us all play a bit better! The concert will include a prelude of two pieces performed by my little violin kid group. The final rehearsal with them is Friday.

Then, I am done. I need a summer break.

What are we looking forward to? Warmer weather. We have been dreaming about taking drives in the convertible with the top down after dinner. Drives along the coast. But, it is just a bit too cold yet.

Michael's older sister Anna is planning a three or four day visit with us in mid-June. Her 19-year old son William and her husband Doug are heading to Europe as a graduation present for their son. London! Paris! Rome! Anna didn't want to go with them so she will be here for a short visit.

She is a very easy house guest and very low maintenance. No fancy restaurants. No over the top food. She and I are planning a walk along the coast to a restaurant for lunch, a visit to the Ritz for a pot of tea, lunch with my mom and dinner at the fabulous dive south of us. Simple. She loves her brother and doesn't usually have cocktails, but somehow she allows Michael to make her special things likes Cosmopolitans. She giggles after one. She is totally relaxed after two! It should be a fun few days.

I have now reduced my prednisone dosage to 20mgs. My face is rounder but I have been able to not gain any weight, thank goodness. Moon face. Lovely. The HR CT Scan and full PFTs are scheduled in two weeks. Hopefully, I have gotten some lung capacity back after losing 10% due to a bout of bronchitis.

So, a busy May ahead: watching William working at a concert, my niece's wedding, a visit by William and Kimberly for a few days before and after the wedding, four doctor appointments, presenters dinner and speech at the American Thoracic Society's annual conference, lunch with two dear friends and always rehab.

We are so looking forward to a simple June!

No comments: