Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend Ahead

Happy Friday! Mother's Day weekend ahead. 

The kick-off begins today with a lunch near Stanford with my friend Dolores. The new dress will come out of the closet for this event! We try to get together several times a year and I always look forward to spending time her.

Saturday will be spent working in the yards. It should be very warm. 

Formula 1 from Spain will be featured with breakfast on Sunday. The plan is to drive a friend to the airport at noon then spend a few hours with my mom. Also, we need to buy Michael a new shirt and tie for Shelley's wedding next week. I am sure I will hear from William sometime during the day.

I must take a minute to share some photos I took yesterday. When we bought our house in 1982, this rhododendron was in a barrel near the back fence and probably around five years old. It was happy but eventually needed to be transplanted. In 1993, we replanted it into the new garden and it thanked us by growing beautifully and displaying huge blossoms every year. 


The last storm of the season brought with it very strong winds. It lost a lot of its leaves and I was worried that it would not blossom this year. March then April passed and still no blossoms. Finally, in early May it began. Very late but glorious. Even the photos don't do it justice.

I hope you have Mother’s Day plans and a glorious weekend ahead!

No comments: