Thursday, May 17, 2012

Welcome Back to Stabilityland!


Great News: I had my pulmonary function tests, CT Scan and a meeting with Dr. K. yesterday.

I am back to being stable. STABILITYLAND! A lovely place to be.

The six weeks of larges dosages of prednisone allowed my lungs to recover from the bronchitis. Dr. K. also reduced the prednisone back to my previous level – 17.5 mgs. My DLCO is now at the highest level EVER.

Here are the latest numbers:
·      Total Lung Capacity – 2.58 or 51% of predicted
·      Diffusing Capacity adjusted for hemoglobin – 14.36 or 55% of predicted
·      Diffusing Capacity unadjusted – 15.36 or 59% of predicted
·      Forced Vital Capacity – 2.88 or 57% of predicted
·      FEVI/FVC – 79.78 or 102% of predicted
·      Spirometry vital capacity – 1.62 or 48% of predicted
These are good numbers for me. Good enough to begin weaning myself from supplemental oxygen again. Then the sleep studies will be ordered again to see if I still need it at night.

I mentioned that I was going to a wedding on Saturday and Dr. K.’s final words to me were, “Don’t shake anyone’s hand! Stay away from sick people!”

A great day. Exhausting but exhilarating.

No comments: