Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pushing vs Overextending

Yesterday, I worked out at the other rehab for the first time in well over a week. I swear that when I began on the treadmill, I could feel my thighs jiggling. Twenty minutes later, no jiggle. What a great feeling! I am back. Heading for another workout this morning.

I also had a chat with Dick's wife who we affectionately refer to as "The Saint." He is one of my rehab boys. She has become more and more disabled to a point where she doesn't leave the house, wheelchair bound and in constant pain. She needs a hip replacement. After lots of tests and time for the removal of prednisone from her body, the date for the replacement has been set for Monday morning. She is nervous having never had any surgery before. I wished her the best of luck.

Also yesterday, Mom and I shopped before heading to her university hospital for a checkup on her Mycosis Fungoides and several spots on her body. It was a long appointment. Over ninety minutes. All is well, so far. She will hear the results of the biopsies soon. I didn't get home until 5:00 and was exhausted. Today, we are doing some hardware store shopping and Trader Joe's.

I am feeling good and sleeping well. The challenge is that I am trying to find the balance again of pushing my body but not overextending myself.

No comments: