Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Facing the Scale

WEIGH IN DAY! I am betting on four pounds, or if the stars are really in alignment, maybe five! I always give myself two hours to drive to the far side of the city, usually arrive in an hour, have a cup of coffee at Starbucks then check in about 30 minutes early. Often, Mr. B. takes me early because I am there. I should be home by noon.

I think we have a small leak in one of the plastic pipes connected to the backyard sprinklers. So this afternoon, I am going to move stones we use for drainage up against the house to see if the soil underneath is overly wet. This is the area where the four valves for the sprinklers live and we have had a leak in this area in the past. It is going to be a nasty job.

Yesterday's lunch with Natalie lasted four hours. We celebrated her birthday at the harbor eating the best, fresh fish. When I first hired her back in 2000, she posted a huge notice on the department's large wall calendar to announce her birthday. We made sure to celebrate it. Through the years, after two children, she is not so focused on it and was rather touched that I remembered it, hosted the lunch and even brought a present. We talked non-stop during lunch, then walked along the harbor to a nice coffee shop and talked about the business of a music program. She showed me what she had developed for next year, we tweaked it, I shared some administrative information that she found very helpful and my mind felt like it was empty when I got home. Her life is fun and busy. She loves her two jobs of developing and teaching a large music program and directing a private choir, her two fantastic kids and said a few things about her husband that made me smile. They are so happy and will be celebrating their 10th Anniversary this summer. Isn't that wonderful?

We are counting down the days to the road trip but are rather nervous about the weather on Highway 80 over the Rockies. This snow stuff must stop! I can't believe another storm is headed that way. Please, may we ask for no snow in two weeks? Our car doesn't do snow!

No comments: