Monday, April 7, 2014

Let the Shopping Begin!

It is going to be 70 degrees on the coast today. It was so beautiful yesterday that I opened every window in the house and let the air do its job. Even just before bedtime, we were sitting in the family room in shorts and shirts feeling the soft warm breeze. Sadly, we heard a lot of sirens throughout the afternoon. Warm weather always brings a ton of tourists to the coastside and they do get distracted.

In the afternoon, we watched some free HBO, the Giants game (I don't want to talk about it!) and later sat on the swing in the garden after dinner. I earned the rest. After playing some piano, I attacked the Japanese Maple between the two bedroom windows in the front yard. One large branch had died so Michael cut it off on Saturday. The tree then needed to be balanced and thinned and shaped by hand, which took over an hour. By the time I trimmed the flowers along the driveway and cleaned everything up, it was lunchtime!

Today, I will head back to the other rehab early this morning then I will be spending the day with mom. Lots of shopping. I will begin buying things for the roadtrip (I have a list!) beside the groceries for the week. Tonight, we are going to the Nordstrom Rack to buy some shoes Michael has been stalking for the trip. He also needs a pair of shorts and a new pair of jeans. It will be a shopping day!

On an embarrassingly stupid note - I did it again. After getting out of bed this morning, I went to the garage to hang up the long hose and to turn off my oxygen when I discovered that I HAD NOT TURNED IT ON LAST NIGHT! No oxygen all night. I swear I need a handler.

No comments: