Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Staying Put

I think I have broken through and hit my goal of getting under my lightest weight since 1989. After pulling on my 512 Levi's - the smallest thing I own - I discovered they were LOOSE! It was rather shocking. Exciting. Another 5 pounds pre-vacation would be ideal but we'll see what I can do before we take off in May.

Mom got a call from her dear friend, Grace who said, "I want to give you something before I die." She and mom are the same age but her diabetes was unmonitored and not treated for years. She ignored it until a medical crash, a hospital stay and education about two years ago. She began eating properly, taking her medications and dropped a ton of weight. The last time we saw her though, mom didn't think she looked well. She must be feeling something for her to make such a statement. Early tomorrow, mom and I will be making the two hour drive to the Central Valley to replace the flowers on Dad's crypt before meeting Grace for lunch. Afterwards, it is another two-hour drive home and then I have an orchestra rehearsal.

I am still fighting this bug though the Coldcalm seems to be doing its job. We didn't get to bed until after 10 last night due to our visit in the city with British Don. No one tells a story like Don. With his British accent and the stringing of unusual words together, it is purely entertaining.

There is a huge storm blowing through all day today so I am considering not going to rehab and staying home. I have a lot of lists to make for the trip and this might be the day to begin that process. Since I won't be home until later tomorrow afternoon, I thought I would make tomorrow's dinner. Trying to think ahead.

No comments: