Saturday, May 30, 2015

On Our Way to the ER

I am gathering my things with the assumption that they are going to keep me a few day. Michael and I are going to my university hospital's ER this morning. It was a rough night. It was so reminiscent of over two years ago when I had pneumonia. There was very little sleep last night and just a constant, hard cough that make me shake. I am exhausted.

The hope is that they give me some bigger, better, stronger drugs and send me on my way. The reality is that they are probably going to put me on a broad spectrum of IV antibiotics for three days. I know the drill. Hopefully, I can have a private room!

Before we go, I have to map where mom needs to be for her driver's licence renewal test on Monday for Michael, pack my makeup and robe, fill the pill container for Michael's pills, print the latest list of medications, write the checks for the mortgage and other bills, make a bank deposit and take a good shower.

If you don't hear from me for a few days, know that I am in the hospital trying to stop the pneumonia in its tracks.

Wish me luck!

No comments: