Saturday, May 2, 2015

Company Arrives

I was the Energizer Bunny yesterday. Non-stop. No rest. It began at 7AM with paperwork and the house being picked up then 9AM into the gardens. Five hours later, the yards looked fantastic. The only chore not completed was the thinning of the Japanese Maple in the front between the windows. I will do it next week. Other than that, all the areas of the garden look neat and clean.

Once I moved inside, the cooking began. I made our dinner of almond encrusted fish over a bed of wilted spinach; my lunches of onion, arugula and goat cheese tortillas; deviled eggs for Michael's breakfasts and strawberry pie with oatmeal crust for our company's dessert. It took hours. Then I cleaned the kitchen.

Everything is ready for Lee and Jeff's visit this afternoon except I need to quickly vacuum the house, buy a couple of items at Safeway, go to the bank and maybe sneak in a nap. Oh, and a shower.

Michael had a rough day at work so we sat on the swing in the yard and talked for a couple of hours last night. By the time I crawled into bed at 8:30, my mind and body just couldn't let down. I slept until 12:30 then HELLO! Wide awake. I finally moved into the chair and fell asleep by 3AM.

Caffeine will be important today.

My hip feels just fine this morning, I was amazed at the level of energy I had yesterday and I was breathing really well. Rather proud of myself. Feeling light and loose. Moving well.

Bet I lost a pound or two.

Looking forward to Lee and Jeff's arrival after their lunch with mom.

No comments: