Friday, May 8, 2015

Fiddling Around

There was a knock on the door around 2:30 yesterday. It was our super secret knock. It was Michael. There was an emergency at the local elementary school and his car pool buddy had to pick up his child so...Michael had to drive him home.

Suddenly, I found myself in the car heading to the city to help British Don figure out his clutch problem in his car. Horrible traffic. We made our way to Don's, had a good cup of decaf before weaving through the streets to the dealership to buy a part. I worked on today's project while they went in to deal with car stuff. Back to Don's where we all looked at the clutch.

Our neighbor's Irish fiddling group was playing at a formerly nasty bar for just thirty-minutes. We rush out of the city, dealt with hoards of people trying to get home and caught a quick dinner at a Taco Bell right on the ocean. Surfers were out en mass and the ocean was churning. We were early to the concert, chatted and totally enjoyed the Irish and Blue Grass music.

But, I was exhausted.

Once we got home, the water bill was in the mail. There had been a demand of an additional 10% decrease of water usage due to the drought and I had taken it very seriously. Were we going to hit the 10% mark? Well, it made my night when I realized that we cut back 75% from the previous billing period. WOW!

With that, I hardly remember going to bed.

Today, mom has her post-op then I am meeting Michael at his work for a conference call from my university hospital regarding our May 18th Grand Rounds speeches. After that? A long afternoon nap.

No comments: