Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Secrets of Keeping Weight Off

Sometimes I pass a window or mirror and I am still so surprised how much weight I have lost and have kept off. It is nothing short of a miracle. Meeting with the nutritionist and weight management doctor on a consistent basis has really helped. But, the major change in my life that has contributed to the pounds not coming back is this: the proper food is in the house. It is how I prepare the menu for the week and have everything ready to go. I don't have to think about what I want for breakfast or lunch. It is there. Ready.

And that's the other major contributor: the moment I arrive home with the week's groceries, I cook. I make Michael's breakfasts, my breakfasts and lunches, and dinner for that evening. The thought of going out to lunch doesn't even cross my mind as I have something delicious waiting for me. I am looking forward to it.

Yesterday, I made it to the butcher's and Trader Joe's but not Safeway. So, the first thing this morning, I am going to finish my week's shopping then after my rehab class, I will be cooking our breakfasts of Boursin Deviled Eggs and the Cauliflower Casserole for my lunches. Dinner tonight? I think the Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad.

I had one of those nights where I went to bed and did not move for almost nine hours. Never woke up. Never felt Michael's coming to bed. Never felt Michael getting up this morning. I peered over to his side of the bed and giggled that the only proof of him having been there was the wrinkled sheets. Then the dear man had the best coffee ready for me. What a guy.

Onto Tuesday!

No comments: