Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I feel so blessed to still have my mom in my life. I learn something from her everyday. She is a continuing tower of both strength and kindness.

I know that sometime today our son will phone from the East coast while on tour. It will be nice to hear his voice. I paused earlier this morning when I walked past all the photos of him in frames in our bedroom. He was such an interesting kid to raise. Definitely his father's son.

The orchestra concert last night was so much better than the horrible dress rehearsal. Thank goodness! The other bass player, Gerry and I felt we played well and we were satisfied with our performance afterwards. The place the filled. Mom totally enjoyed the entire evening and was humming the Rossini Overture all the way home.

I slept like a baby.

We are in the living room at the moment, Michael is on the phone with his mom, the coffee is hot and the Formula 1 race is on. Later this morning, we are going to visit the butcher's, meet mom at her place, have a nice lunch together at Nordstrom then buy groceries at Trader Joe's on the way home. Dinner is already made. All in all, a perfect Mother's Day.

No comments: