Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Birthday Presents

I had a very careful food day yesterday and I feel so much better this morning. Breakfast - Cauliflower and Chicken casserole. Lunch - split a Nordstrom Chinese Chicken Salad with mom. Dinner - Ground Beef Quesadillas with low fat cheese. Dessert - Sugar-free Popsicle. Lots of water also helped. I still feel I have an extra couple of pounds I need to get rid of but with careful diet and exercise, it should be gone in a few days. I love the feeling of being lean and strong.

Today, I am going back to the rehab class to sweat and workout. At this point, if I don't exercise everyday, I begin to notice soreness in my body and my stamina slowly depletes. Exercise. The answer to so much.

This morning before the class, I need to find the perfect birthday card for mom and a Starbucks gift card. I already bought a McDonald's one and a CD of Classical Piano pieces featuring her favorite, Warsaw Concerto. When Michael severed his tendon on his hand in 2002, he was on disability, mom was in for a visit and they were spending the day together while I was working. Earlier, I had insisted Michael take a sip of a Chai Tea because it tasted like Christmas. Mom had never learned to enjoy coffee or tea or any hot drink. On this day, he insisted she take a sip and she loved it. She is now addicted to it but is appalled at the price so each of us give her gift cards throughout the year so she never has to pay for one. It is a treat. With dolce cinnamon sprinkles.

No comments: