Thursday, August 4, 2016

Waiting

I overdid it yesterday. Really. Later in the afternoon, I actually kicked off my shoes and laid down on my bed for over an hour. Breathing was rough and my body was just tired. We bought our new washer and dryer in the morning then had to rush home to take everything out of the garage, remove the old ones, remove part of a wall Michael has been wanting to remove for years, then he used his compressor to totally blow clean the entire garage and finally, he cleaned the dryer vent. Four hours later, he was done. Why the rush? The new appliances are being delivered today between 8AM-noon.

While he was working away, I was planting the back corner garden. The planting part was easy, it was the hand trimming and removing bushels of garden waste that did me in. My breathing was rough when I began but it really knocked me out. After watering everything in, I took the nap before making dinner and I even slept like a baby last night.

While waiting for the delivery this morning, I am going to plant the small garden in the front. Anna and Doug are coming for a visit in seven weeks so I hope all my little plants are happy and healthy by then. We will be fertilizing the lawns in two weeks and Michael is going to order some mulch. I stay clear of any mulch as it is not good for my lungs.

No comments: