Friday, August 19, 2016

Crawling to the Weekend

Happy Friday! It has been a long week! I dragged my way through yesterday and even went to the rehab class with hopes that it would give me some energy. I was exhausted from William's visit and wasn't fully recovered from the long rehearsal Thursday night. We got to the stage in the center of town right on time last night but it took more time than expected to set up the sound system. We began 10-minutes late for a 60-minute gig, which is never good.

We played well. The audience was happy and there were many people milling about. It was a lot of fun.

They were heading off to play with another group around a fire pit a block away but we headed home and I was in bed within minutes.

After I drive over to mom's this morning, we are driving back to the coastside for a meeting with her financial guys but, before the meeting, I want to show her the results all the work we have been doing in the garden. She was an amazing gardener and is about the only person I personally know who will really appreciate all the work we have done.

I so hope to have a quiet weekend to recover and get stronger for a brutal week ahead.

No comments: