Monday, August 21, 2017

No Eclipse for Us

Fog is everywhere mom and I will be today so no eclipse for us! Enjoy it, if you are somewhere where it will be visible. What a treat!

It turned into a really busy weekend. I attacked my filing cabinet, went through every file, set up some new files and shredded three bags of paper and old insurance bills going back five years. I found a sweet card Michael gave to me while we were dating, our Dead of Trust for the house (which should be in the vault at the bank!) and sweet letters from my dad and a few from my brother. That took most of Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. British Don was due on Sunday, I forgot to buy the marinara sauce for my low carb meatballs for dinner so I was out of the house to the store very early Sunday morning. Michael and I both got a lot done around the house, took a brief nap and welcomed Don around 3PM. He worked on some of my computer problems and our Apple TV problem and solved them all. A true genius! The moment after he left at 8PM, I was in bed.

Tonight, we will be with Don again as he is hosting a goodbye dinner with us at the #1 restaurant in San Francisco. He will be moving to Oklahoma City next month. This restaurant is a big deal. I will try to take photos of the beautiful dining room and gorgeous food. Reservations are difficult but we were able to nab this early Monday evening slot. So, it is going to be a long night. We both don't feel fully recovered from our road trip a week ago as it has been such a crazy week. Tonight is the last of entertaining until Saturday when my niece and her husband are coming for the weekend. We are beginning to gear up for them.

Enjoy the eclipse!

No comments: