Thursday, August 24, 2017

Home

I was able to work out in the gardens yesterday afternoon and shaped many of the Fortnight Lilies and other plants. It felt great to move around. Our Board at the university hospital has been asked to join the hospital's volunteer program, which involves everything from interviews to a background check. It is a lot of paperwork. Yesterday, I got bogged down with it after the required viewing of a 30-minute video that did not register that I had seen it. Emails back and forth resolved the problem and I was able to move forward to the background check. Oh my goodness! What a lot of paperwork to get through but I got it done. We later completed Michael's application as well so now we have to wait 3-5 days to be approved. Once that happens, we are asked to wear badges with our photos on them while we are campus. It actually is a wise security move but what a lot of time and effort to get it done.

Housekeepers are due this morning while I am at Safeway. We need groceries for the week as well as lunch and breakfast for Shelley and Russ this weekend. Reservations have been made at a local restaurant right on the water for Saturday night dinner. Simple and easy.

The pulmonary rehab class is calling to me and I want to have another good workout today. It still feels so odd not to have Dick and Sherman with me and I miss them dearly. No one to tease. Not a lot of laughs. My friend Richard has not been to class, I am deeply worried about him as he had been losing weight and I worry he doesn't have enough if he becomes ill. The RNs contacted him and told us that he plans to return to class. With the HIPAA laws, that is all they can tell us.

It felt great to be alone yesterday, I picked up the house, worked outside, dealt with the massive paperwork of the volunteer packets, made the shopping list and gathered my strength. A good day off.  I never left the property. Back to the world today.

No comments: