Friday, August 25, 2017

Bony Issue

Today, we continue to prepare for our weekend company: food shopping, food prep, window washing and flowers to be cut for their bedroom. But, within minutes, I need to shower and get out of here to food shop on the other side of the pass before seeing mom for the day. We have no plans but I am sure we will have a nice day together. Shelley and Russ will swing by her house on their way home Sunday.

Later this afternoon, I need to make Scotch Eggs for their breakfast on Sunday along with yogurt or cottage cheese or waffles or eggs, if they wish. Then, I want to surprise them by making my famous Fruit and Cheese Pizza for dessert. No shame in having dessert with breakfast!

Rehab class was fine, my numbers were really good and I felt like I got a good workout. My fractured knee, which was supposed to be healed by now, is bothering me a bit. It is swollen and tender. Since getting the phone call from my endocrinologist a few days ago, I worry that has not yet totally healed. He reported that there was a major downgrade on my recent Bone Scan so I need a special blood testing then a phone conference with him. Prolia is probably going to be suggested to help stop the downward spiral. I knew it would come one day as I am on such a limited diet and have been on prednisone since 2005.

It was thrilling yesterday that I was finally able to make an appointment for the last test I needed before meeting with the surgeon regarding next steps with my acid reflux issues. He had not sent in the orders for this one important test and, after over a month of trying to have him write them, it was done yesterday.

It is amazing that all my hanging problems have resolved except for one. So satisfying.

No comments: