Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Questions Regarding Lung Transplant Process

It was a long day sitting in a dealership in the Silicon Valley yesterday while we waited for five hours of work to be completed on mom's Mini Cooper. We had fun with the salespeople around us as we played a vicious card game of Shanghai. Everyone came by to ask who was winning. (I won both games. A rare event, indeed!) They offered to shuttle us over to a mall, we thought we would do some shopping then have some lunch but, as it turned out, we just enjoyed a long lunch, laughing and talking the entire time, before the little Mini Cooper shuttle came to fetch us. After a few more hands of cards, the car was ready about an hour early.

Michael was home, I made a quick dinner and we both found ourselves dozing on the new couch before stumbling to bed around 8:30. I think we are still recovering from our weekend company. Michael's sister Anna phoned before dinner to ask when they can visit for a few days. They are ready anytime as it was 110 degrees where they live. The ocean breeze and fog sounded good to them. Still recovering from the other guests, it was probably not the best time to have to think about more company. We are waiting to confirm the date that Michael and British Don will be driving to Oklahoma City, to Don's new home. It should get firmed up in the next few days then the prep for Anna and Doug will begin.

The head nurse in the Lung Transplant Clinic has become a friend since the first time we met over five years ago. I bump into her at the local mall, we talk about education of her two girls and she has helped me through the process. She left a message on my phone yesterday confirming that I will only be seen once a year and she was calling to confirm that and if I had any questions. But, it was the way she phrased it, I got the message that she was telling me not to do this. I don't know if that will make me start all over again or if I should get listed, even though I am not sick enough yet or what she was trying to convey.  So, this morning, I am going to phone her and just ask what I should do. She will be honest with me and I will pass along the information tomorrow.

Rehab class this morning! I need to run a ton of errands in town before picking Jeannie up for our ride over the pass. Tomorrow, I need to make the long drive into the city for blood tests for my endocrinologist because of a downhill slide reflected on my latest bone scan. I think I may take the opportunity to do some shopping on my own. Winter is coming and I need some ankle boots and a few more tops for gigs. Nothing expensive. As my mother's daughter, I am always looking for a good sale!

No comments: